The historic State Theatre organization is committed to providing performing arts and films to enhance the cultural opportunities of all people throughout the Great Lakes Bay Region and beyond.
The building was originally constructed in 1908 and was known as the Bijou Theatre featuring vaudeville acts. In the late 1920s, due the rising popularity of film, the theatre was converted to a movie house and renamed the Orpheum. In 1930, the structure received a major facelift with it resembling much as it exists today. The theatre once again acquired a new name along with its makeover, becoming the Bay Theatre. Recently the interior of the theatre has been restored to the 1930s Mayan theme and the lighting, sound and HVAC systems have all been brought up to current standards. Patrons may now enjoy live and film entertainment in a visually significant historic state-of-the-art facility.
ADDRESS: 913 Washington Ave, Bay CIty, MI 48708